Monday, February 15, 2016

fire in winter


Isn't this a haiku in waiting?
 
 
First let me say that I am sorry that the wench was gone last season
 
...my inner gardener was on life support
 
too many family issues for a whimsical heart
 
too many
 
But I discovered that when I turned my back on the garden
 
I shriveled inside
and very quickly
 
I am a person of the soil
 
I thrive on petals
 
and sunshine on my skin
and the smell of wet soil
 
spiders and snails and toads
 
This spring I think I will faint dead away when I spot an aconite
 
or the blood root
 
or trilliums
 
Oh to get back to life blood of my soul
 
I hope you find me again and journey back to a garden life with me
 
I am 65 now.....but I know the garden will make me a child again
 
only with a little menthol rub
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Trilliums are one of my favorite flowers, those and the other wild ones, Elegant Cats Ear and Bird's Bills

    ReplyDelete